Asking for a Record of Employment (ROE)

1General information
2Your information
3Employer’s information
4Get the ROE letter

When your job ends, you need a Record of Employment (ROE) to apply for Employment Insurance (EI).

If your employer has not given you an ROE, you can still apply for EI. But you’ll have to give Service Canada a copy of your ROE to keep getting EI.

This tool creates a letter you can send to your employer asking for your ROE.

Read more about getting your ROE.

What you need to get started

To use this tool, you’ll need:

  • the name and address of the company you worked for
  • your employer’s name or the name of the person you're sending the letter to
  • the last day you worked for your employer
  • your email address and mailing address

After you answer a series of questions, you’ll get an email with the letter to send to your employer.

CLEO does not store your personal information.

General information

Items with a * must be completed.